Dr. Burton is the founder of Total Care Family Medicine. He firmly believes that the best way to honor patients is through faith, compassion, and understanding. He believes that these attributes should be the cornerstone of any medical practice. With that fundamental mission, he has committed himself to deliver effective and timely healthcare for his patients.
Dr. Burton is married to Carol and has six wonderful children.
- 1980 – Graduated – Temple High School, Temple, Ga
- 1984 – Graduated – Morehouse School of Medicine – B.S. in Biology/Pre-Med
- 1988 – Graduated – University of Iowa School of Medicine – M.D. Degree
- 1988-1989 – Internship – Floyd Medical Center, Rome, Ga
- 1991-1993 – Residency – Naval Hospital, Jacksonville, Fl
- Board Certified, AAFP – Recertified 2000 and 2008
- ACLS and NALS Certified
- Combat Casualty (C-4) Course – US Navy (Served in Desert Shield/Desert Storm War as Lieutenant Commander – 1989-1991)